The Tessa Jowell Brain Cancer Mission (TJBCM) is seeking to recruit an Academy Programme Manager to support the Tessa Jowell Academy – a new network to promote excellence in brain tumour care and treatment through a multidisciplinary network of knowledge and best practice sharing.
This is an exciting position with many opportunities to engage with brain tumour specialists from across the country to drive the future of brain tumour treatment and care in the NHS. The programme manager will work directly with the TJBCM central team and will have the opportunity to work with associate academy member organisations including the NIHR and leading partner charities.
Applicants will ideally have a relevant post-graduate qualification or equivalent. They will have excellent organisation skills, experience of managing medium to large projects and the ability to work flexibly and independently. Applicants should be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills; creating engaging content for academy members is a key feature of the role. As the academy is in its inception, we are looking for pro-active applicants who are ready to hit the ground running to make this programme a success.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Work closely with the TJ academy committee, subcommittees and relevant members to design engaging resources and events for all academy members. This includes workshops, webinars and symposiums.
2. Build the centre catalogue and resource library to be held on the TJ Academy platform
3. Create impactful, engaging and accessible content for the TJ Academy online platform. This includes writing engaging and informative newsletters and website announcements to engage members and inspire discussion.
4. Manage online platform to make sure it functions effectively, meets members’ needs and is engaging for members.
5. Proactively support academy members by addressing queries and matching centres for mentoring and knowledge sharing opportunities.
6. Prepare and run academy events including co-ordination of logistics, budgets and promotion
7. Support the TJ Academy committee including attending meetings and taking minutes
8. Provide ad hoc support for the TJBCM team on other workstreams.
Informal enquiries should be directed to Camille Goetz – email@example.com
To receive a detailed job description and start the application process, please contact via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available The first 6 months of employment in the first instance with the desire to extend if possible.
Closing Date: 24th of June 2021
Please ensure that you upload a covering letter (Max 1 page) and CV. The covering letter should outline how you match the criteria for the post and why you are applying for this role.
We actively support equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.