To define the standards of excellence, the TJBCM appointed a TJ Centre committee consisting of clinicians, academics, and patients to identify the best services and innovations currently seen in the UK from which we believe every patient deserves to benefit. Based on their search for excellence and work previously done within TJBCM, the committee defined high standards in five key areas:
- Offer excellent clinical practice in surgery, pathology, imaging and oncology
- Emphasise patient quality of life and offer a well-defined level of holistic care
- Offer clinical trials and collaborate with other hospitals to encourage patient participation and recruitment
- Offer good training opportunities for staff
- Act as a site for excellence and innovation in translational and basic brain tumour research.
These standards in many cases go above and beyond existing guidelines and are aimed at both offering clinical excellence, as well as having a strong emphasis on patient quality of life. The standards and accompanying assessment process were developed in collaboration with NHS England, Department of Health and Social Care, NCRI and our partner charities CRUK, The Brain Tumour Charity, Brain Tumour Research and Brain Tumour Support.
Click here to access the Standards of Excellence