This programme is in partnership with Brain Tumour Research.
Programme Lead: In recruitment
Purpose: BTR-NTA is a brand-new accelerator programme to review and provide guidance on the translation and development of novel treatments, guided by a multidisciplinary international group of experts. The programme aims to help researchers position a candidate compound along a realistic pathway to clinical trials by:
- Giving independent and transparent advice to maximise success
- Identifying potential pitfalls in clinical trial design
Objectives: This programme aims to accelerate novel therapeutics from pre-clinical work to successful human trials by providing researchers and pharmaceutical with international best in class expertise in a wide range of subjects (inc. toxicology, pharmacology, regulation and more). Experts will conduct an in-depth peer review of the work done to date and providing guidance on the pathway to clinical trials.
Process: Scientists can apply twice a year for their work to be reviewed by the committee. If accepted, the following will take place:
- The candidate will be asked to submit the work done to date and provide written answers describing their novel compound or therapy.
- The committee will confidentially review the data and discuss the submission with the applicant at an in-person meeting.
- The committee will share a written feedback report which includes recommendations on next steps
- An anonymised summary review will be made public
- If the work is fully endorsed by the committee and ready for funding applications to the major funding bodies, the committee will help the applicant navigate the relevant funding calls.
Eligibility: Applications are open to academic scientists and pharmaceutical companies
Next steps: If you would like more information and/or be notified of the next application round, please register your interest below.